2000 Mules is a 2022 American political film directed by Dinesh D’Souza that falsely claims that unnamed nonprofit organizations paid Democrat-aligned “mules” to illegally collect and deposit ballots into drop boxes during the 2020 presidential election in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.
The film is based on “faulty assumptions, anonymous accounts, and inaccurate analysis of cellphone location data” provided by True the Vote, a conservative vote-counting outfit, according to the Associated Press. True the Vote “made several misleading or inaccurate assertions about its [own] efforts,” according to NPR.
According to the Associated Press, the movie’s claim that True the Vote found 1,155 paid mules in Philadelphia alone was untrue. In Arizona, the video cited a single unconfirmed anonymous witness who claimed to have seen someone picking up what she “assumed” to be money for ballot collection; no evidence of payments was presented in the other four states. There is no proof in the film that ballots were improperly taken and deposited in drop boxes.
Not including people only appearing in archive footage.
- Dinesh D’Souza, director, host, and narrator
- Debbie D’Souza
- True the Vote: Catherine Engelbrecht, Gregg Phillips
- Salem Radio Network hosts:
- The Heritage Foundation: Hans von Spakovsky
- Capital Research Center: Scott Walter
- 2000 MULES is a documentary by Christian, conservative author and filmmaker Dinesh D’Souza that reveals that during the 2020 presidential election, at least 2000 people were caught red-handed stuffing standalone ballot boxes with multiple ballots in swing states, an illegal practice known as ballot harvesting.
- 2000 MILES claims that it has four million minutes of video proof and loads of GPS data corroborating the illegal behavior, with the support of an outfit called True the Vote, a surprising, alarming revelation that calls into question the outcomes of the 2020 election.
- The film begins by showing viewers how, on the night of the 2020 presidential election, vote-counting in battleground states was curiously paused, with President Trump appearing to be on his way to a 54 percent victory. The votes moved toward Joe Biden the next morning and three days later, delivering him the presidency.
- D’Souza then asks five conservative pundits, all of whom backed Trump’s re-election, what they believe about Trump’s allegations of voter fraud. They almost unanimously agree that, despite the fact that vote-counting in swing states appeared to be erratic, they are still waiting for more proof that the Democrats engaged in actual or illegal vote-rigging that influenced the outcome.
- Sebastian Gorka, Dennis Prager, Larry Elder, Erik Metaxas, and Charlie Kirk, who also runs the conservative group Turning Point, which connects with young people, particularly college students, are the five conservatives featured in this section film.
- Enter Catherine Engelbrecht, the founder of the group True the Vote, and election integrity expert Gregg Phillips. They show D’Souza and viewers substantial video footage and GPS tracking data demonstrating that at least 2000 ballot traffickers, or mules, engaged in stuffing ballot drop boxes in the swing states of Arizona, Georgia, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. Many of the drop boxes in those states were monitored by video cameras.
- The film shows people shoving ballots into drop boxes, a practice known as ballot harvesting that was prohibited in those states at the time of the 2020 election. The majority of the stuffing took place during early voting and the night before the election, in the early hours of the morning.
- Hundreds of such movies are visible in a broad picture. Phillips and Engelbrecht claim to have almost four million minutes of this type of material. They also exhibit GPS data that shows these mules made many excursions over the territories they traversed. They show some of the mules photographing the ballot stuffing in order to get compensated for collecting ballots and transporting them to several drop boxes. According to True the Vote, ballot trafficking resumed during the Georgia Senate runoff election.
- Democrats and leftist charitable organizations are blamed in the film for participating in illicit ballot harvesting. True the Vote can’t name the organizations because of legal restrictions, but they blame the $470 million that Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg paid to Democrats-controlled election officials in 2020, plus an additional $120 million from wealthy Democrats like George Soros and Warren Buffett.
- According to a Washington Times report published on April 4, approximately 160 of Zuckerberg’s 2,500 grants “were for $400,000 or more and totaled a stunning $272 million – and 92 percent of the money traveled to areas that Mr. Biden carried.”
- The film finds that, if the whole number of forged ballots were taken into account, Trump might have earned 305 electoral votes to Biden’s 233, implying a decisive triumph for Trump. True the Vote, a more conservative assessment, gives Trump a 279-259 electoral vote victory.
- Returning to the five conservative authors who opened the film, they are all understandably angry by the ballot-box stuffing and voter fraud that occurred in 2020.
- 2000 MULES is a surprising and unsettling exposé of how the Democratic Party and its followers attempted to get Joe Biden illegitimately elected as the leader of the world’s most powerful nation.
- At the very least, it demonstrates the need for a thorough investigation into the ballot trafficking mules, including the source or sources of the ballots they illegally trafficked. 2000 MULES also presents a strong argument for eliminating early voting, mail-in votes, and drop-boxes, all of which have been favored by the Democratic Party, and for enacting a national voter ID law based on people’s driver’s licenses and state identifications.
- True the Vote and the movie can’t name the exact Democrat or leftist groups who handed the mules the ballots to place into the drop boxes because of legal restrictions. It would be beneficial to their case.
- However, we do know that extreme Democrat Party activist Stacey Abrams, who aspires to greater political office, is a key player in her party’s Georgia voter turnout operations. Abrams would undoubtedly be a top suspect in any investigation into the 2000 MULES for Georgia voter fraud claims.
2000 Mules Box Office Collection:
|Domestic||May 20, 2022||$751,755||$1,216,311|
The film’s Rumble and Locals gross sales, which began on Saturday at noon, are excellent enough to place “2000 Mules” in the predicted top ten box office for the weekend of May 6th to 8th.
The film grossed $300,000 on its first day in theatres, making it the second-highest-grossing documentary of 2022. According to Salem Media, one of the film’s executive producers, it made $10 million in its first two weeks of independent and streaming release, with over 1 million viewers.
According to Salem, the film’s net revenue makes it the most profitable political documentary in the last ten years.
“We are happy to provide creators a new opportunity to distribute and sell movies independently,” said Locals President Assaf Lev.
“The popularity of ‘2000 Mules’ on Rumble is a fantastic sign for creators who don’t want their words to be hushed or controlled,” Dinesh D’Souza remarked.