YouTube is one of the most popular video-sharing sites on the internet. The social media platform has developed at an exponential rate over the years, attracting billions of hours of viewing per month. It also has an easy-to-use interface that makes it suitable for people of all ages. When the service isn’t working properly, though, it can be a very irritating experience for consumers, especially given how much time they spend on the site.
If you’ve tried to open or load videos on the platform but received an unexpected YouTube error, it’s because the site was hit by a problem that affected many people throughout the world.
What Is Wrong with Youtube Today?
Users were unable to access YouTube for several hours today due to an outage. There have been multiple complaints of social media users being unable to access the site. Many users were affected globally, however, the majority of reports came from North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
According to the online tracker, the biggest number of complaints were filed around 6:49 a.m. IST, with 3520 total reports. Even though the number of reports reduced significantly at about 8:00 a.m., there are still a few reports from users.
The firm quickly recognized the YouTube outage and informed consumers that a remedy is in the works. The business did not say what prompted the YouTube outage.
Is the problem with YouTube fixed?
Many people in different parts of the world were affected by the problem, but the business has announced that it has been repaired and YouTube is back up. It also stated that the problem has been resolved for all devices, and that services have been restored.
Fixing Issues in 2022
In this part, we’ve listed 15 solutions to a variety of YouTube problems. The steps are simple to follow and can be completed on your own. Aside from that, we’ve broken down a lot of steps to help you understand the issues and how to fix them. Now, without further ado, let’s go to work on finding the best answer for you.
1. Determine if YouTube is unavailable.
Check to see whether YouTube is unavailable in your area before seeking for options. Due to high-volume network congestion, YouTube and many other online platforms have recently experienced disruptions all around the world. So, if YouTube suddenly stops working, it’s most certainly down for everyone.
2. Delete the cache, cookies, and data on your computer.
YouTube may not work correctly due to outdated cookies or cluttered app data. In such circumstances, you should erase your cache and cookies. Here’s how you can accomplish it.
1. On a desktop computer, type chrome:/settings/clearBrowserData into the Chrome URL bar and press enter. Then, under Cache and Cookies, adjust the Time Range to “All time.” Finally, select “Clear data.”
2. Tap and hold the YouTube app on Android to see “App Info.” Go to Storage, then clear both the data and the cache.
On iOS, you can’t manually erase the cache, but you can delete the app and reinstall it to start fresh.
3. Examine the Extensions
If YouTube isn’t working on your computer, it’s likely that some Chrome addons are interfering. Follow these steps to see if extensions are to blame.
1. Open Chrome and press the “Ctrl + Shift + N” shortcut key (Cmd+Shift+N for Mac) simultaneously to open an incognito window. Open YouTube and check to see whether it’s working. If that’s the case, certain suspicious extensions are definitely causing problems.
2. Paste chrome:/extensions/ into the URL bar and hit enter to uninstall the extensions. Here, go through all of the extensions and uninstall any that you aren’t familiar with. Also, try disabling as many extensions as possible in order to find the perpetrator.
4. Make Sure Chrome and The YouTube App Are up To Date.
It’s Possible that You’re Using an Older Version of Chrome or A YouTube App that Isn’t Fully Compatible with The Most Recent Version. in Such Circumstances, Upgrading the App Usually Resolves the Majority of The Problems.
1. Open Chrome on your desktop and type chrome:/settings/help in the address bar. Check for the most recent update here and install it right away.
2. Open your respective app store for Android and iOS and update the YouTube app. It should, hopefully, resolve the issue you’re having.
5. Examine the Website’s Settings
Similarly, paste chrome:/settings/content/sound into the address bar to activate the sound settings toggle. YouTube will be able to play sound as a result of this.
Conclusion: To fix any YouTube issues, simply follow these simple steps.
So that was our post on how to fix YouTube problems. We’ve covered a wide range of topics, from fundamental to sophisticated, to help you find the right answer for your problem. Whether YouTube continues buffering or displays a black screen, we’ve listed many ways to fix the problem.